Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU)
The Tamil Nadu Agricultural University had its genesis from establishment of an agricultural school at Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India, as early as 1868 which was later relocated at Coimbatore during 1906.
In 1920 it was affiliated to Madras University. TNAU assumed full responsibilities of Agricultural Education and Research and supported the State Agricultural Department by delivering research products. In 1958, it was recognised as a post-graduate centre and began to offer master’s and doctoral degrees.
The university offers 13 undergraduate programs, 40 graduate programs and 27 doctoral programs. As the university switched over to the e-learning from the academic year 2007, it was made compulsory for first-year students to procure personal laptops. Apart from academic institutes, the University now has research programs at more than 32 stations, spread over in Tamil Nadu with more than 1200 scientists and teaching faculty.
[See also: http://www.tnau.ac.in/]